Recently we had the chance to enjoy the HalloWeekends Mom Blogger Day. My husband and I headed to Cedar Point with my son Cam and his three friends, Rocco, Charlie and Gino. All four boys were really excited to go to HalloWeekends, especially since it was Charlie and Gino's first time visiting America's Roller Coast.
The boys were excited for Blue Streak, but rain cut that short before they could ride. Luckily we were prepared and brought umbrellas. Of course, there is so much to do at Cedar Point, even in the rain. We spent some time at the Coliseum Arcade, rode Cedar Downs, Cadillac Cars, Dodgem, and the CP&LE Railroad.
After the roundtrip from one of the park's classic steam locomotives, we headed down Frontier Trail, one of our favorite parts of the park. We explored a couple of gift shops, stopped in at C. J.'s Provisions for some treats, and dipped candles at the Candle Shop. The kids enjoyed the yummy fall treats — chocolate chip cookies, hot apple cider, and caramel apples from C.J's Provisions.
The rain came to an end and the crisp evening air set in. The kids had been looking forward to the haunted houses all day. First up was Eternity Infirmary. The kids thought it was cool and really creepy. This ended up being everyone's favorite.
Next door to Eternity Infirmary is Wave Swinger, which is too much fun to pass up. Then it was off to one of the new HalloWeekends attractions, Eden Musee. The haunt is a nod to Cedar Point's rich history and was lots of fun.
We worked our way toward the front of park, but not before a stop at the Shooting Gallery in Frontiertown and the Gemini Games Area. The kids took a swing on Iron Dragon before heading over to G. A. Boeckling's Eerie Estate.
A must-see was the Overlord release the Screamsters into the park. The kids thought this was great!
Here they are with the Overlord:
Then we watched Sideshow - A Carnival of Magic, which we all found really good.
On the way back to Blood on the Bayou, we stopped so the kids could get that ride on Blue Streak. Here is Charlie and Gino, who is making a scary face for the camera!
Blood on the Bayou was fun. The old southern gentleman outside the entrance did his best to lure in unsuspecting guests.
On the way out of the park, after a fun-filled day, we walked through Fear Faire and ended the night with a walk through Club Blood.
We highly recommend you check out HalloWeekends- there is so much spooky fun!
Here are some family-friendly attractions to check out while you are there:
- Skeleton Crew — Acrobatics and aerial acts taking place throughout the day in Cedar Point’s new Celebration Plaza. The show opened last weekend to rave reviews and it is a "must see."
- Monster Midway Invasion Celebration — A fun parade featuring friendly monsters and characters that take over the Cedar Point Main Midway.
- The Goodtime Ghouls: A Halloween Hullabaloo — Energetic musical revue in the Good Time Theater.
- Gypsy Fortune Tellers — Find out what’s in the cards for you as you venture into Frontiertown.
- Charlie Brown’s Funtime Frolics — The PEANUTS gang comes together for music, stories and spooky surprises.
- The Magical House on Boo Hill — Kids get their own house to walk through. Whimsical illusions await at every corner in the topsy-turvy attraction.
- PEANUTS™ Halloween Show and Kids’ Costume Contest — Bring your little pirates and princesses for pre-school competitions at 2 p.m. and grade-school competitions at 2:45 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday in the Blue Streak Plaza.
For more info on Cedar Point:
Cedar Point would like to treat you and your family to a family 4 pack of tickets!
The winner will receive the tickets via email and how to pick them up, once you get to the park. Your contact info will not be added to any lists.
To enter, please tell us why you like going to Cedar Point and HalloWeekends by leaving a comment below. Or if you have never been to Cedar Point, please tell us why you'd like to go! Be sure to include your email address in the "Author Email" field below, so I can contact you if you win.
Winner will be randomly selected from submitted comments.
One entry per person, US only. Email addresses will not be displayed, published or used for any other reason except to contact the winner. Winner will be contacted via email. If you're selected, we'll need to hear back from you in 48 hours, or we reserve the right to select another winner.
Entries close on Friday, October 5th @ 5:00 pm EDT.
- Sign up for our newsletter too! Be sure to click the "Daily Blog Email" option to get an email each day.
- Like us on Facebook
- Be sure to follow us on Pinterest - over 10,000+ of the best recipes, DIY, holiday ideas and more!
Disclosure: I received Cedar Point park tickets as part of the HalloWeekends Mom Blogger event. All opinions are my own.