- The primary channel is a blog, forum or community.
- Have 1,000+ visitors or followers on Facebook or Twitter.
- Demonstrate healthy engagement from members.
- Focused on "Parenting" or "Home & Garden".
- The audience is primarily based in North America.
- Empower yourself to stop comparing your blog to others
- Understand what makes awesome content and how to create it
- Discover the critical importance of compelling presentation
- Increase your blog traffic through proven techniques
- Develop a solid Pinterest strategy for capturing viral growth
- Boost your revenue through diversified income streams
- Learn how to work smarter not harder
Get this book for only $4.99!
Wisebread is offering 100+ ways to make money, here is their great advice!
Ask for a Raise
You'll never know if you don't ask; pay rates are rarely straight across the board (unless you're unionized). You might just deserve a bit extra for your efforts. (See also: Ways to Boost Your Take-Home Pay)
Look for Another Job
If getting more money from your current employer isn't working, maybe it's time for you to take a step up. Look around to see what jobs are available; depending on your career, you may wish to align yourself with a headhunter who can job hunt for you (headhunters are compensated by the employers and are free for job seekers). (See also: 25 Awesome Websites to Help You Get a Job)
Start a Business
What are you passionate about? Can you turn it into a business? You never know — and it might not be expensive to set up. Find some inspiration here: Make Your Dream Career a Reality for Less Than $100
These can be side jobs or even full-time jobs, depending on your situation.
Writing is not a ticket to easy or quick income, but if you have a penchant for the written word, you can pitch articles to various editors of publications (online or in print) that you like to read, or you could even dust off some of that old poetry and see if it will sell. Here are some cautionary tips and tricks for making money as a freelance writer: So You Wanna Be a Travel Writer
Get a Sponsor
If you have a business or talent or website with a loyal following already, you might be able to monetize further with sponsorships. This is generally more of an in-kind form of income, with free products, tickets, and discounts in exchange for some sort of exposure. Learn more about sponsorships and the ethics around them: Financial Travel Tip #52: Getting Sponsorships
Again this is dependent on having a solid online following. Find products or services that are in your website's niche, and sign up for their affiliate programs. Digital products like e-books can pay up to 50% in commission, Amazon's affiliate program pays about 5% commission, and there is a myriad of options in between.
Whatever you know about — if you can teach it, you can tutor it online! From music lessons to language tutoring to business planning and coaching, with tools like Skype, Google Hangouts, and other video conferencing tools, just about anything is possible.
Here are some resources for academic tutoring opportunities: Earn Extra Income With Online Tutoring
If you have the time and transportation, mystery shopping can be a fun way to earn extra cash. See our Guide to Mystery Shopping.
Many of the methods of making extra money in this article are made possible by the Internet. Some are more Internet-dependent than others. There are sites to help you rent out your car when it's not in use, others to sell things, and others yet to unleash your creativity (juggling chainsaws?) — and more — there are a lot of ways to make money online! Check out these articles for some inspiration and 21 ways to make money online:
- 5 Ways to Make Extra Income Online Today
- Cool Convenient Cash: 11 Easy Ways to Make Money Online
- 5 Websites that can Seriously Pad Your Pocket
Isn't it great when the stuff you don't need is worth something and doesn't have to go in the trash? Here are 20 or so ways to make money from recycling (heck — you can even make money recycling corks):
SELL YOUR STUFF
From using the likes of Craigslist and eBay to local target marketing efforts, here are a few ways to be rid of your wares and all the richer for it.
Adam and Courtney Baker sold just about everything they owned (similar to myself) several years ago. The difference is, they applied more of a science to it, and I would surmise they profited better from it than I did using eBay, Amazon, and Craigslist: How to Sell Your Crap: Book Review & Tips.
In these articles you'll find sites and ideas like ExBoyfriend Jewelry (requiring your tragic tale of breakup in order to post your jewelry for sale), living estate sales, raid my closet parties, smartphone apps — and other creative ways of finding buyers for your stuff.
- 11 Unusual Ways to Sell Your Stuff
- Clear Out That Clutter: 15 Places to Sell Your Stuff
- Reselling Antiques: The Five Principles of Power Picking
How do you categorize renting out extra space, dog walking, selling event tickets, becoming a tour guide, participating in medical tests, and other wacky ways to make money? Randomly, I say. Very randomly:
- Got Extra Space? Make Money and Meet Travelers With Short-Term Rentals
- 12 Ways Legit Ways to Earn Some Extra Cash
- 30 Great Side Jobs
- 12 Side Jobs with Flexible Schedules
- 9 Ways to Earn Extra Cash
- 25 Ways to Make Money Today
- Make Money in Your Home Town: Become a Tour Guide
- 15 Ways to Make Money While You Travel
What's your best idea for making more money?