Alert!! This will make you want ice cream, proceed with caution!
Ben and Jerry's is offering 4 new flavors:
- That’s My Jam has chocolate & raspberry ice creams with fudge chips and a raspberry core.
- Peanut Butter Fudge has chocolate and peanut butter ice creams with mini peanut butter cups and a peanut butter fudge core.
- The Salted Caramel has sweet cream ice cream with blonde brownies and a salted caramel core. It’s only got one flavor of ice cream, but SALTED CARAMEL.
- Hazed & Confused should delight Nutella lovers. It features chocolate and hazelnut ice creams with fudge chips and a hazelnut fudge core.
Read more here.
When you're planning a holiday, you probably use online comparison tools to get the best possible rates on flights and hotel rooms. Yet many travellers simply accept the first quote they receive for a car rental, without taking a proper look at ways to save some cash. Rates, terms, and conditions can vary widely, so it's a good idea to shop around and be on the lookout for the following ways to save a bit of holiday cash.
Image Source: Mary and Angus Hogg/Geograph.org.uk
1. Don't rent at the airport.
One of the easiest ways to pay far more than you need to is to pick your car up as soon as you step off the plane. There is a whole host of charges that rental companies can add when you rent directly at the airport, including concession fees, facility charges, and state taxes. Take a shuttle bus to a rental location that's a bit further afield and you'll save a bundle. Just be sure that the branch you're using is open first, because some neighbourhood rental car companies will close on the weekends.
2. Be on the lookout for hidden fees.
The fees mentioned above are just a few examples of hidden costs that could drive up your bill. There are a number of other add-on fees that could cost you an arm and a leg. For example, if the car rental company tops off your gas tank after you return the car, you'll pay a steep premium. Always bring it back with a full tank to avoid this. When you're shopping around for great deals online, be aware that additional fees may apply on top of the initial quote you receive. Taxes, licensing fees, and insurance costs can add up to a much less favourable rate.
3. Choose a more efficient car.
In addition to the price you pay at the car rental counter, you'll also need to think about the running costs for the duration of your holiday. If you get a choice of models, opt for one that will save you money at the pump. Many rental companies now offer hybrid cars, but you can also research fuel economy using listings sites like carsales.com.au before you hit the road so that you have some idea of what to expect.
4. Inspect your car before you drive away.
After a long flight, the last thing you want to do is dilly-dally around at the airport! It's natural that you'd be keen to get to your hotel as quickly as possible, but take an extra minute or two to visually inspect your rental car before you drive off the lot. Use your mobile phone to take photos or a video recording, or ask for a different model if you note any scratches or dents.
5. Join a car rental loyalty program.
It's usually free of charge to sign up for a car rental company loyalty program. These come with perks, whether it's free upgrades, waived fees, or avoiding long waits in line. You can potentially earn points towards a free rental, so it's worth taking a few minutes to sign up particularly if you travel frequently.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind before you rent your next car, to save you some cash behind the wheel.
I don’t know about you, but I struggle with insomnia. But here are a few tips and tricks that I use to get a good night’s sleep:
- Make sure your mattress is comfortable. A few years ago, we had a really bad mattress and it made sleeping pretty much impossible. We finally bought a new mattress and our problems were solved! We also got a really nice bedding sets and that helped too.
- Keep the pets out. I find that my cat Breezie is especially annoying at night, trying to get my attention when I am trying to sleep. Worth it to shut the door!
- Be careful what you eat before bed. I know if I eat anything spicy or chocolate before bed, I am going to have issues with being too awake and sometimes heartburn. So it’s worth it to plan out meals and snacks.
- Stick to a sleep schedule. I tend to go to bed late at night, as I am up working, but I find when I go to bed at a more reasonable time, like 11 pm instead of 1 am, I feel much better in the morning.
- Get a walk in a few times a week. If you don’t hit the gym weekly, be sure to take a walk a few times a week. This will not only relieve stress, it will help you sleep better.
- Managing stress is essential. There is so much to deal with in this fast-paced world. Relaxing before bed, with my nice luxury bedding and a good book is a great way to rewind.
- Turn off the electronics. I find myself reading on my iPad with the bright light or checking my email before bed. Its not only a distraction, it can wreck havoc on my sleep!
- Know when to get diagnosed for sleep issues. If you are finding that you are snoring, waking up with a headache, dealing with being tired all day, you may want to talk with your doctor about visiting a sleep clinic. By staying overnight at a sleep clinic, a doctor can monitor and diagnose exactly what is going wrong with your sleep. With simple lifestyle changes, medications and sometimes a sleep mask, your sleep problems can be solved.
Unless you've been through substance addiction, or witnessed a loved one suffering through it, it can be hard to tell whether someone you care about is an addict. In many cases, the signs are consistent, whether someone is struggling with alcohol, or prescription painkillers, or heroin addiction. The first step towards recovery from addiction is identifying the signs of a problem. Here are some common signs of addiction:
Secrecy: The obvious sign of addiction is that the person taking a substance cannot quit on his or her own. But addicts go to great pains to disguise that they are unable to quit. An alcoholic may hide bottles in secret locations around the house, to conceal their intake from loved ones. They may take similar care in disposing of their empties in order to hide their consumption rate. An alcoholic might "prime the pump," before an evening out, so as to seem like they are consuming the same amount of alcohol as everyone else in the party, while they're really several drinks ahead.
Money: Addicts dedicate much (sometimes all) of their disposable income to ensuring that they have access to their drug of choice. Bills go unpaid, budgets are stretched to the breaking point, and common problems become insurmountable due to a lack of funds. The loved ones of an addict will also find their own belongings missing, checks, jewelry, and similarly liquid assets disappearing to feed an addiction.
Absence: Addiction is exhausting, and requires constant maintenance. Supply of the substance must be acquired, appearances must be maintained (allowing time to sober up or "get straight"), and lots of different obligations must be met. Some of them will get lost in the cracks, and they will invariably be the ones not related to keeping an addiction satisfied. Chronically missing work, family engagements, or even casual get-togethers can be a warning sign of an addiction.
If you see even one of these symptoms of substance addiction, in yourself, or a loved one, it may be time to seek help from a reputable drug or alcohol rehab center (such as Advanced Health and Education in New Jersey). Professional medical treatment for alcoholism or heroin addiction can greatly aid someone struggling with substance abuse in beating addiction for good.
When you have free time you can play online casino without loosing real money. You can try to play at casino with no deposit bonus blog codes:
- This is a special bonus codes for new and existing players
- On the nodepositcode.net you can find lot of free casino coupons
- Website is updated daily, so every day You can get new no deposit bonuses
With casino bonus codes, you can play for free!
We are thrilled to present you with our top picks for a no deposit bonus.