Our family loves Halloween. Every year, I like to make treats and set out bowls of candy for my son Cam and his friends. We always have a great time on Halloween, it is one of our favorite holidays. So when Hershey asked me to share some of my favorite Halloween traditions and recipes, I was happy to!
Hershey is our go-to source for chocolate and the best candy.
I decided to make this recipe and modified it a little bit.
- dash salt
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- BROWNIE FROSTING(recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups REESE'S MINI PIECES Candy, divided
- vegetable oil
- 1 package (19.8 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for fudge-like brownies. Spread half of brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup candies over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over candy.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack; cool slightly.
- Prepare and spread CHOCOLATE FROSTING over brownie.
- Sprinkle and gently press remaining 3/4 cup candies over frosting.
- Prepare and drizzle PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE over candy. Cool completely in pan. Makes 12 brownies.
Be sure to go here to find more Hershey recipes!
First, I headed out to Walmart to pick up my ingredients. With it being such a hot summer, I hadn't been baking a lot, so I had to pick up Crisco, Hershey's cocoa powder and a few more items. It was a nice cool, fall like day when I worked on this, so it got me in the mood for Halloween!
Next, the instructions said to mix up the brownie mix first:
After mixing it up, I put half of the batter in the 13x9 baking dish.
I added a layer of Reese's peanut butter chips:
After 30 min. bake time, the brownies are done!! Yum, look at all those peanut butter chips!
The next part of the recipe is to prepare the chocolate frosting:
Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa stirring until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash of salt. Gradually add 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar with 6 tablespoons hot water, stirring until smooth. About 2 cups frosting.
I melted a stick of butter, Hershey's cocoa and vanilla.
Then I gradually added in the powdered sugar:
After the frosting was throughly mixed, I spread it over the cooled brownies. Nothing is better than homemade frosting!
Add the Reese's Pieces and you are all set! Cut into squares, eat and enjoy!
I was so inspired with this recipe and loving Halloween so much, I made up a sample tablescape!
And my son got dressed up too in this year's Halloween costume! Cam being 10, is more into scary costumes than when he was little, so he wanted to be the grim reaper. Here is Cam, ready to party!
Hershey's wants to treat 20 lucky Savingsmania readers to a huge bag of Hershey's assorted candy, as pictured above! You will be all set for trick or treaters or your own Halloween party with this colassal bag of candy!
All you have to do to enter is tell me what your favorite Hershey's candy or favorite Halloween memory, along with your name and email address, so we can contact you if you win. Entries close on Monday, October 1st @ 5 pm EST. Please post your comment on this blog entry.
One entry per person, US only. Be sure to include your email address in "Author Email" field below, so I can contact you if you win. Email addresses will not be displayed, published or used for any other reason except to contact the winner. Winner will be contacted via email. If you're selected, we'll need to hear back from you in 48 hours, or we reserve the right to select another winner. Hershey's will be fulfilling and shipping out the prizes.
-Sign up for our newsletter too! Be sure to click the "Daily Blog Email" option to get an email each day.
-Be sure to follow us on Pinterest- over 10,000+ of the best recipes, DIY, holiday ideas and more!
I am participating in the HERSHEY’S BOO BLVD. campaign via Mom Bloggers Club. This post was sponsored by HERSHEY'S. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.